On 26 June 2017, the Council adopted without debate on 26 a regulation setting a framework for energy efficiency labelling, which replaces the current legislation (Directive 2010/30/EU). The regulation establishes deadlines to replace the current A+, A++, A+++ classes with an A to G scale. It also sets out a procedure for rescaling the labels based on technological development, and a new product database as a market surveillance tool. This article provides members with an overview on the new rules and deadline.
Latest from Eurovent
- Joint CECED and Eurovent Position Paper on the review study of air-conditioners’ regulations
- New Framework Regulation 2017/1369 on Energy Labelling
- New guide to application of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC published
- Notifications: Standardisation – June/July 2017
- Tolerances and uncertainties of performance data for refrigerant compressors