Since 2008, EIA’s Chilling Facts has been documenting the growing uptake of natural refrigerants among some of the world’s leading retailers, reflecting a market shift towards a more climate-friendly refrigeration in the supermarket sector. Twenty-two (large, but also small) retailers have participated in this 2017 report by submitting data covering the 2015 calendar year from supermarkets across 37 countries. This report assesses the impact of the F-Gas Regulation, the trends in HFC and natural refrigerants usage, and the energy efficiency of HFC-free systems. Within this article, the Eurovent Team has summarised key takeaways for members.
Latest from Eurovent
- Joint CECED and Eurovent Position Paper on the review study of air-conditioners’ regulations
- New Framework Regulation 2017/1369 on Energy Labelling
- New guide to application of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC published
- Notifications: Standardisation – June/July 2017
- Tolerances and uncertainties of performance data for refrigerant compressors