The ongoing global effort to phase down the use of high-GWP potential refrigerants requires an effective, and evidence-based research on the on the A2L refrigerants which have been identified as potential replacement for refrigerants currently used in HVAC and refrigeration systems. In June 2017, AHRI has published its report ‘Benchmarking Risk by Whole Room Scale Leaks and Ignitions Testing of A2L Refrigerants’. Within this 365-page report, AHRI has assessed several A2L refrigerants. The report would be instrumental in updating the relevant national codes and safety standards so that appropriate, climate-friendly alternatives can be safely used in air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
Latest from Eurovent
- Joint CECED and Eurovent Position Paper on the review study of air-conditioners’ regulations
- New Framework Regulation 2017/1369 on Energy Labelling
- New guide to application of Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC published
- Notifications: Standardisation – June/July 2017
- Tolerances and uncertainties of performance data for refrigerant compressors